Member of the Quebec Bar since 2013
Languages: French, English, Spanish
Olivier Archambault-Lafond has extensive expertise in civil, commercial, and administrative litigation that entails financial, strategic, and reputational risks.
He has successfully handled numerous trial, arbitration, and appellate proceedings relating to contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, professional liability, defamation, employment law, and class actions, spanning several industries. Olivier brings technical expertise and a strong understanding of interpersonal skills to cases involving complex legal issues, especially concerning the applicable rules of law and expert evidence to be administered before the court.
Prior to his legal training, Olivier obtained a Bachelor of Environmental Science degree from McGill University.
Most recent cases include:
- Successfully represented WSP Canada Inc. before the Superior Court and the Quebec Court of Appeal in a professional liability claim of more than $5M undertaken after WSP Canada Inc. acted as a pre-purchase inspector in a real estate transaction in the hotel industry.
- Represented the former Director and Chief Curator of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Nathalie Bondil, in a lawsuit against her former employer for $2 million.
- Represented accountants covered by the CPA Professional Liability Plan Inc. in professional liability actions brought against them.
- Represented Vincent Chiara, owner of the Mach Group, in a defamation suit.
- Represented numerous companies operating in highly competitive and regulated industries, ranging from telecommunications to construction to aerospace, in major commercial disputes.
Recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada in Defamation and Media Law (2023)
2011 McGill University, Faculty of Law
Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.), Bachelor of Common Law (LL.B.)
2006 McGill University, Faculty of Science
Undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Science, with great distinction: major in environment, renewable resources management specialization, minor in philosophy
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
Young Bar Association of Montréal
Canadian Bar Association